Pixhawk PX4 arms but motors don't spin. ESC's dont make a sound. Driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by photojunky, Jul 13, 2018.

1. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    I am using Mission Planner. The quadcopter will arm.There is power going to the motors via the positive and negative leads. I calibrated the ESC's one at a time using the remote & receiver. (ESC"S: Castle NO BEC 35 AMP 6S Lipo) After arming nothing happens. No beeps. Nada. Zilch. Zero. I broke my half an hour rule and put in about 2.5 hours. Starting to go crazy, LOL

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    They certainly are a bit temperamental. I still have a pixraptor someplace here, but I find the who setup process to be too much of a headache for this day and age so it's remained in its box. :)

3. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male

4. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, it sure is a process. I will do it once and then decide whether I will stay with it or go back to a simple Naza type setup. The problem with the motors not spinning was, my ESCs not providing power to the servo rail because they were no BECs ESCs. A rookie mistake on my part.

5. ryanolivas

ryanolivas Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Male
    This will give you a 1 month headache :cool:(kidding) thinking that it will succeed and the exact process may be lacking or any possible remedies that will troubleshoot that one.

photojunky likes this.