Just uploaded new demo reel

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by Visual Captain, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Visual Captain

Visual Captain New Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Male
    Freelancer
    MIAMI, FL
    #1 Visual Captain, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    I just uploaded my new demo reel for 2018.
    it was shot between 2014-2017 with my p2, p3p, p4p, mavic pro
    please take a look and let me know what you think.
    thanks

Dava likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Was the P2 really as far back as 2013?

3. Visual Captain

Feb 1, 2018
    Male
    Freelancer
    MIAMI, FL
    Thats what I thought but now that I really think about it, it was probably 2014.
    let me change that.
    Thanks

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I wasn't sure. I looked it up, they announced the P2 in December 2013, so I guess most people had them from a few months into 14. I remember the P2 and the P1, my friend bought them but I didn't like them very much. I thought they looked too much like toys. All the stuff I had at the time was huge, carrying DSLR cameras etc, and in the filming world people expected to see that and would have laughed if I turned up with a little white quadcopter. However, things began to change with the P3 and its amazing 4K camera and gimbal. Some people were still dubious, and I still took the big stuff with me, but when they saw the footage from the P3 (sometimes I didn't tell them that's where it came from) they were totally blown away. Funny thing is, now I sometimes I go to a job with a P4 Pro and someone thinks it looks big! :)

5. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Some epic locations in there looks great! Is this your job or hobby?

6. Visual Captain

Feb 1, 2018
    Male
    Freelancer
    MIAMI, FL
    I hated flying my P2 more like love flying it but landing it was always scary. I either broke the legs or my gimbal for my go pro.
    agree p3 changed everything so much easier to fly, control and land. I was hooked and flying regularly. Never wanted to get drones that carried DSLR's because I always thought it was the same to fly them... very scary.

7. Visual Captain

Feb 1, 2018
    Male
    Freelancer
    MIAMI, FL
    Thank you. Its a Hobby that transitioning to a job. would love to shoot full time. as of today I had my part 107 for a year now...

Jonathan likes this.
  8. Kenny NYC

Kenny NYC Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    wow thats from a P2? amazing