DJI Product Reveal January 23 2018

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Jonathan, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    dji-announcement.jpg
    Apparently DJI are set to unveil a new product in New York next Tuesday. Here is an enigmatic video that reveals, erm, absolutely f**ck all :)

Their live page will become, well, Live as the event approaches:
    https://live.dji.com/

2. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Enigmatic indeed. Almost meaningless in fact! I guess these drone companies like to create a buzz. Better than Yuneec who show you their latest drone then tell you it will be released in 6 months!

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Ha, I noticed that with Yuneec! Perhaps not as long as 6 months, but I have seen them announce new drones, tell you all about them, then not release them for ages. I remember when the Typhoon H was announced two years ago, showing of it's obstacle avoidance and everything, then by the time they released it, like 3 months later, DJI had brought our their Phantom 4 with obstacle avoidance and had already been selling it for like 2 months. I mean, DJI announce their stuff and sell it straight away, meaning they announce stuff that's actually finished! Though they do seem to never make enough of them, or spare parts or batteries, in the first batch.

4. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    One more day to go mavic 2 or phantom 5 anyone? :joy:

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    1BC6ECE8-7FA0-4787-9FEB-54DCEFD85D5F.jpeg
    It appears it is a new drone, a hybrid of the Spark and Mavic, called Mavic Air. A bit bigger than the Spark, with fold out arms, 3 axis gimbal and 4K Camera.