Photos & Video of the Ocean and a cool cove with homes

Discussion in 'Drone Aerial Videos and Photographs' started by photojunky, Apr 25, 2017.

1. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    haven't shot too many photos with the Phantoms. I have to say, the video produces a much better quality. Good enough though to capture some nice shots.

donatas likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Are you shooting your Phantom 3 drone shots in raw? The P3 are definitely not the best photos. Usually, unless it's not critical like a roof inspection or something, I use the Inspire with X5 camera for images and only use Phantoms for video. Having said that I just got the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, which has a 1 inch sensor and variable aperture so I'm hoping the photos from that will prove to be much better quality. I'm hoping I won't need the Inspire as much.

donatas likes this.
  3. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    I have shot in both but unfortunately neither my Canon or Panasonic program will open up the Phantom's raw files. I have been using a bootleg copy of Photoshop for about 15 years, but I guess I will break down and buy something newer that can convert all raw files to Tiff or jpeg.

donatas likes this.
  4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Adobe lightroom does DJI drone raw files.

donatas and photojunky like this.
  5. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    Just ordered it on Amazon Prime.

Jonathan likes this.