Lost here!

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by mubi, Mar 22, 2017.

1. mubi

mubi New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Male
    Hi, my name is Mubi .. i'm new on that forum and one of the reason i signed in is because i got some trouble with my drone PHANTOM 3 4k and i couldn't find any answer that gave me the solution so far, I never had a drone before and also never used one and that may be the reason of my trouble.
    I got the so knowed "controller disconnected" issues when i'm on the Dji go app and I have been trying "almost" all the solutions out there:
    - Format the SD card
    - Manual RC link to aircraft
    - Upgrade to the latest firmware (Failed .. i figured out that it was allready Up to date)
    - Try to use it without the SD card ...
    And the latest was the Firmware downgrade .. this one gave me so much hope untill i found that there was no available Firmware to which i could Downgrade the RC.

Sorry for the long post but i'm so desesperate at the moment .. i also have to say that i brought it from amazone and i live in Congo CD .. i don't have drones expert nearby or Dji store where i can get some help and it could be a bit long and cost a lot of money to ship it back for repair.

I just Uploaded a file with the content of the SD card after trying to upgrade .. the firmware version is 1.5.70 if i'm correct and a bit far from the drone can't verify sorry.
    P.s: sorry for my bad engllish .. ty

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Does the controller make the drone start? Can you move the camera?

mubi likes this.
  3. mubi

mubi New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Male
    Hi Jonathan and thanks for reply ... Yes the camera can move UP and DOWN but i'm not sure what u mean* by "does the controller make the drone start" I'll explain step by step ...

1. I turn On the controller
    2. turn On Wifi on my phone which is A samsung Note 3 (maybe thats the problem)
    3. I open the DJI go app
    4. I turn On the aircraft
    5. I press the "camera" button on the dji app then enter the 'camera view' mode of the drone from where i can just move the camera around ... in the option when i click on calibrate it say "disconnected" and i cant click on the 'latest firmware button'

I Took some screen shot from my phone so you can see by yourself maybe it will help ....
    Thx again man

Attached Files:

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Is your phone connected to the controller with a cable?

5. mubi

mubi New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Male
    No, on the controller there is just a micro USB port .. and i read somewhere that for Phant 3 4k you can only connect the phone via Wifi to the controller

6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    No, that is not true. You MUST connect your controller to your phone with the cable, not wifi. USB on controller to micro USB on Android smartphone/tablet, or lightning connector for Apple like below:
    $_58.JPG

7. mubi

mubi New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Male
    Here is some close picture of my RC from behind ...

Attached Files:

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Sorry, my mistake, you said Phantom 3 4K! They made too many phantom 3s, it's confusing!
    Did you do this:
    1. Turn on the Aircraft and the Remote Controller.
    2. Connect to your Aircraft’s Wi-Fi network on your phone.
    3. Launch the DJI Go app.

9. mubi

mubi New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Male
    I just did but nothing ... i didn't say that the controller light is red and don't turn green ...

10. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    I think if the light is red it means there is no link between the drone and the controller, you have to relink them. If it doesn't work make sure the controller and the drone are on the latest firmware, or at least on the same firmware.