Welcome to the Drone Minds Forums

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Jonathan, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Ivan

Ivan New Member

May 23, 2016
    Male
    Jonathan,

Have you ever been in Belgrade? The world is so small :)...

I read your post http://www.droneminds.com/forums/in...-models-from-aerial-photographs.101/#post-522 and it's really great.

Do you have some expirience with orbit flight plan for modeling houses, big objects, etc...? Which software is preferable for orbit flight plan? What are optimal values for lateral and longitudinal overlaps in orbit flights? I heard that pix4dcapture is good for flight planning but only for mapping of an area.

I am using sensefly eBee for mapping and pix4d for postprocessing more than 3 years,always with GCP. Tomorow I will have P3A.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan

Mox1 likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    I never went to Belgrade, it was a long time ago when there was fighting in Jugoslavia. I was married to a Serbian, not anymore but we are still friends.
    I never tried and Sensefly gear, but I would really like to. I never tried any mission planning software. 80% overlap is optimal.

3. Jim Intermediate Pilot

Jul 8, 2016
    Male
    I tried a beginner drone last December after receiving one for Christmas. The model was a U-81A8. It was a great starter drone because of its ease of operation as well as its flight dynamics. Unfortunately, in a moderate wind, keeping it under control proved to be quite a challenge.

I tried flying it like a kite, with 3lb. nylon fishing line tied to its bottom, so that I could control its distance and altitude.
    However, doing so proved more of a hindrance than a help. 300 feet of fishing line that I couldn't see in the air was a serious problem. Trees were the drone's worst enemy.

Jimmy Blade Chroma

4. DeckerZ

DeckerZ New Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Male
    Hey Jonathan,
    Found the site via your youtube videos. I have been flying a DJI Phantom 1 for a few years now, and I await a DJI Phantom 3 standard coming in the post. The 3 is new technology to me and apps like Litchi could never be used with the phantom 1. I guess I am here to learn from the good experiences of others.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Cool, sure you'll have fun with your new drone.

6. _sOnGoKu_

_sOnGoKu_ Member

Aug 16, 2016
    new around here,,
    hello friends, I am new community, recently I started with RC boats also, I am very happy with it.

I have a 3D printer, with which I plan to make some improvements to the boat.
    I would like to share my 3D printable files in this forum also my little review but dont see to much post like this around..

A greeting!

7. AirVūz Josh

AirVūz Josh New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    Hi everyone! My name is Josh and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your drone videos!

_sOnGoKu_ likes this.
  8. _sOnGoKu_

_sOnGoKu_ Member

Aug 16, 2016
    welcome Josh!

9. Gareth

Gareth New Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Male
    Hi everybody! :)

My name is Gareth and I'm a beginner with a DJI Phantom 3 STD drone.

I practice as much as I can but my videos are still a bit jerky, I hop this will improve with practice.

Please let me know what you think of this video, edited with iMovie

Thanks

10. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    HI Gareth!
    Practice always helps. I think you're off to a good start and DJI is probably the best choice for a beginner. Besides if you are based in Yorkshire you are spoilt for fantastic locations. There's a lot of videos from around there on our YouTube channel.
    About your video: It's a shame you couldn't find a song that will be long enough to fit the video. Maybe try to edit it to the music, or even make it shorter. It comes on again towards the end of the video with the same footage.

11. DougWood1

DougWood1 New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Male
    Hi everyone. I'm old, and new to drones, but fascinated. Bought a cheap quad to wreck before I spend any real money. Have a camera question I'll put in another thread. Thanks in advance for helping the newby. Doug

12. Sara

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Welcome Doug!
    Wrecking drones is the best way to learn:) will be cool to see what you're flying and your videos in the future. hope someone will help you with your question soon..I can't ;/

13. Jbax

Jbax New Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Male
    Hi I'm new here :)

I have a drone on order
    Its the MAVIC

I made a quick fun video about it

14. Sara

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    haha so funny! great job! so jealous of the Mavic! can't wait for a parody review ;)

15. Toxicmedium

Toxicmedium New Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Male
  16. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    That's pretty cool, I like the story aspect of your video. :)

17. Toxicmedium

Toxicmedium New Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Male
    Thanks man, glad you enjoyed!

18. G Buck

G Buck New Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Male
    Hi everyone. Got a P3S about a month ago and having a great time with it. Just started using Litchi. Got the program thinking it would run with my iPad2 - wrong! It now works fine with my new iPad Air! I live in Ripon, but have also done some flying in Dorset. Great sport.....

19. DroneBeasting702

DroneBeasting702 New Member

Nov 24, 2016
    Hello everyone, my name is John. New to the forum. Thanks for having me :)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I've been flying drones for about 4 years now. I live in Las Vegas, so I've gotten some pretty solid footage over the years. Just looking for a community to ask questions and answer if needed. Always happy to help :)

Cheers,
    John