Wookong m power drop

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Soundman 57, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Soundman 57

Soundman 57 New Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum , but have been flying multi roto for a couple of years  I have 3 systems MK OCTO , DJI WOOKONG M AND NAZA
    I am currently having the following issue with the wookong
    This is my setup
    DJI 550 FRAME WITH EXTENDERS
    4 s 5000 mah lipo
    DRAGON LINK TX /RX
    MX22 GRAUPNER RADIO
    TURNIGY 5017-620 KV MOTOR
    IFFRON WIRELESS DOWN LINK 2.4

GAIN SETTINGS DEFAULT FOR 550 EXCEPT VERT 160
    SEPERATE 2S LIPO FOR LIGHTS AND VIDEO LINK.
    AUW 8 POUNDS

The hexa just will not hover in the atti mode , it just seems to loose 50% of the power when I switch from manual to atti and just comes down as though it is too heavy, this recently began after upgrade to new latests FW.
    Any ideas would be welcome.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    What's it like if you just fly in atti mode, I mean take off in atti mode and everything? I think it may have changes recently so that it does nothing until you get past half throttle in atti or GPS mode... so if you switch to atti from manual on anything less than or equal to 50% it will drop.

3. Soundman 57

Soundman 57 New Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Hi ,
    if I take off in atti mode the hexa gose up but will just come back down , even giving max throttle,
    I am having a second look at the lipos  as it could be that they are coming to life end and maybe not giving the right voltage.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    That does sound weird. Do you balance charge your batteries? Have you tried changing your vertical gain back to default just in case that's causing it?