Welcome to the Drone Minds Forums

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Jonathan, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Hi Kaan, thanks for joining. That sounds amazing, are these for sale now or still being developed?

2. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    Hallo Kaan.

3. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Hey Turncircles, sounds interesting.

4. Andruav

Andruav New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Hi,

Andruav is an Android Mobile APP that uses mobiles as 3G telemetry, FPV & Image shooting.

It is available here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rcmobile.FPV

5. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hi Andruav. Not quite sure I understand what your app does but I will have a look.

6. frsoul

frsoul New Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Hello everyone!

Thank you for accepting me in this comunity. For the first message I write a quick presentation of myself, my ideas and goals in the UAV area.

My name's Fernando, I'm 30 y.o. and I'm from Porto, Portugal, so I ask my appologies for some errors on English gramar. I ask you some patience with that :p

I started learning about this technology quite late: I started digging into foruns just around September 2013. My initial goal continues to be my main goal at the moment: improve safety conditions for inspections of places which are difficult to acess. My professional field is Civil Engineering, so I've seen in these little friends a huge help for, as an example, check the conditions of a roof, a chimney or bigger structures like bridges, etc. I share a huge respect for these machines and I really want to use them for the best purposes. I'm a bit afraid that bad use of these will remove this fantastic capacity of doing great works.

In terms of UAV's, at the moment I own 3:
    - Tarot 680 Pro, with 2 axis gimbal and a Sony Nex 5 (let me know if you are curious about the entire configuration - I will post a picture later)
    - DJI Phantom 3 Professional
    - Nine Eagles Galaxy Visitor 2, cheap solution for practise flying

Actual/Future projects:
    - Dig into photogrametry and 3dmapping: I'm starting with my phantom and trying some software
    - Expand my tarot 680 arms to 800, so I can carry DSLR decently.
    - Raise some projects for my company created by me and my associate (www.droneng.com)
    - Create/Adapt an UAV to control and kill the asian wasp (a actual problem in Portugal)
    - Create a workshop to teach good practises about the use of UAV's, together with building one for each participant
    - Build the ground station of my dreams :)

Thank you, sorry about the "TLTR" text, let me know if I can help you with something!
    Best regards and safe flights!

7. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Welcome to the Forum frsoul!
    Your goals within UAV industry are exactly what we need to educate others about positive usage of drones and I hope that you'll be able to share with us your progress on your future projects. I often find myself overwhelmed and equally excited about the variety of applications and systems available for professional drone operators.
    I did try to find you on Youtube but failed, FB icon is the only interactive social network icon on your website. Can you send me a link to your channel? I have been to Porto and Aveiro a few times and I'm hoping to see some videos from your area :) Hope to arrange a flight with you when I visit again ;) Obrigada

Jonathan likes this.
  8. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Hi Fernando, I replied to your email. Thanks for joining the forums and look forward to seeing your posts and any videos you upload. :)

9. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Greetings!
    Nice to find other UAV enthusiasts. (I always thought "Drone" was a bad word). I am no stranger to Quadcopters, and my first was a small "nano" quad. It was a cheap one, and difficult to fly. But I was still amazed at the technology that went into the UAV and amazed such a thing could exist. I quickly moved up to a mid-range Parrot, but the video was not at all what I had imagined. Shortly thereafter, I sold that MultiRotor and got a DJI Inspire 1.

The Inspire is quite the platform! Incredibly stable, and amazing 4k video! Truly a pure joy to fly! (Sorry, I sound like a DJI commercial) I have posted several videos on YouTube, where Sara found me and directed me here.

You may check out my videos here! (Shameless plug)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MysteryShadow1969

Hope to share more of my airborne adventures with you all here!

Jonathan and DukeM like this.
  10. Sara

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Hey, I'm glad you decided to join our community! I think a lot of people will have similar stories of how they got into drones (and yes we are changing the perception of that word). DJI is a leader in the industry and if you've got it, you got to love it, but its good to see what else it's out there and probably best to keep an eye out for the new drones in 2016.

Hope soon you'll explore, share and start your own thread, where you can share your video (embed a video by clicking a film icon) or discuss any drone related topic .

11. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    Nice channel, good to see more night video.

12. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Thanks DukeM. I just wish I didn't work all the time. I need to get out and fly more!

The night before last I saw what looked like a Phantom being flown a few miles from where I live. I would like to know who the operator is. But all the flashing lights could make people think it's a UFO instead of UAV !

13. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hello Mystery.Shadow, welcome to the forums.

14. Custer

Custer New Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Male
    Hello everyone,

I am Custer originally from the Philippines but now living in Germany for 8 years already and i'm a yuneec q5004k pilot! :) for more questions feel free to write me :)

Here is one of my video and watch it in full HD in my youtube channel...

Greetings

mb55 and DukeM like this.
  15. Sara

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    HI and welcome to out community of drone minds! Thanks for sharing your video! it's always good to see another Yuneec pilot:)

DukeM, Ragnarok and Custer like this.
  16. Custer

Custer New Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Male
    thank you so much :)

Sara likes this.
  17. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Welcome Custer!
    Beautiful video. Nice editing. So jealous of your clear ocean water. Here in the Mid-Atlantic States, our ocean water is a disgusting muddy brown. I have to go elsewhere to find the beautiful clear stuff!

And thanks all for the warm welcome.

Custer and Ragnarok like this.
  18. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hello Custer. It is nice we are getting people from all over the world on here. :)

Custer likes this.
  19. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    Hello Custer.

20. Custer

Custer New Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Male
    Hi Duke