3DR Solo FB Group Creator Now Hates Solo!

Discussion in 'General Drone Forums' started by Dava, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Quote"ANNOUNCEMENT:
    As the creator of this forum, I have to disclose that I am no longer a fan of the 3DR SOLO. I have worked tirelessly on this thing and like all of you have had nothing but problems. True, I did make that cool video at the car show last week, but that was at 30' up and 100' away.
    I can't get any decent range without using an antenna booster.
    The video doesn't work most of the time and I have discovered that the HDMI port on the main board is faulty meaning I would need to replace the entire main board of the unit. Nothing on this thing has ever worked flawlessly, EVER. The gimbal needs constant rebooting as does the software app. There are too many points of failure in the 3 separate HDMI ports. There are so many design flaws with this thing all the way down to the length of the legs, it is sad that every part of the drone and the controller need to be modified by the buyer in order to make it usable.
    Leg extensions, replacement GPS antennas, Nic Cards, Boosters, Directional Antennas, rigged up this and that, it's ridiculous!!!
    I am tired of waiting on parts, waiting on support to go through my flight logs, day after day of this for the last 2 months.
    I am done!

I have asked 3DR for a complete and total refund of everything I have purchased, about $3000 of garbage.
    If they do not give it to me my plan is to use this page to gather up all of the people who have issues and create a group law suit against 3DR to get all of us our money back, plus fees.

If you would like to be included in this, let me know here.
    It's time for these companies to learn that you can't do R&D on the customers money and waste our time!!!
    "

2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    Is that the same guy who was crying in the video?

3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Seems bad if an actual 3DR fan hates it, someone who went to trouble of making a facebook group.

4. DukeM

DukeM Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Male
    Koln
    I saw it was not a very big group. I can see how a fan could be change to not a fan of any drone, only he happened to start a facebook group.

5. P13

P13 New Member

Sep 14, 2015
    It wasn't much of a real group, Robert started that group once he was removed from the (global) Solo User Group because he tried to buy a Solo that was delivered in error to another member, after a request had been made not to bid on a Solo that wasn't rightfully the seller's property to sell.

Robert then posted links to a group which was basically his own page as a protest at being removed, as it happened I'd added Robert back to the Solo User Group after a chat, but he still wasn't happy; 3DR gave him his money back, he then bought an Inspire and I've even seen him posting the odd moan about that, for example it wouldn't work with his iPad.

Ironically the issue that bugged Robert the most was range and that was fixed largely in the last update, with more tweaks due in the coming weeks or months.

Here's an example of an actual Solo owner posting TODAY, finding out that the warranty is as good as it claims to be.

[​IMG]