Global drone x183 from xinlin

Discussion in 'Drone Beginners Corner' started by jlh35, Mar 11, 2018.

1. jlh35

jlh35 New Member

Mar 11, 2018
    Male
    hello, I am a very beginner either piloting drone and technology used. I got recently the x183 global drone with follow me functionnaliy from China...nobody is perfect. And obviously when reviewing the material I did not find the functionality...the RC transmitter should have a specific button for the follow me mode and another specific button for the point of interest functionality. However these two buttons are false on my transmitter, I mean nothing connected behind, only the shape of the button is present on the transmitter. So I understand I receviez à wrong transmitter. My first question is: do I need to request a new transmitter only or both transmitter and drone. In other words, how these functionalities are implemented? Is it only on the transmitter or shared between transmitter and drone itself?
    Thanks for your help, waiting for your help before negotiating with Chinese seller, what it probably more difficult than having the drone flying....
    Jluc

2. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Hey! Do the buttons beep when you press them maybe you need to wait for a number of gps? Did you see this guy's video:

3. jlh35

jlh35 New Member

Mar 11, 2018
    Male
    Hello dava, the follow me and circle buttons do not beep. And yes i saw the video. On my mind it is a wrong transmitter however should i request a new one only or both transmitter and drone
    Regards

4. jlh35

jlh35 New Member

Mar 11, 2018
    Male
    And i am pretty sure my drobe is not dual gps as it should be . And so the transmitter does not provide the follow me and circle functionalities. Question?: us an upgrade possible or should i purchase a new drone? And in this case may be do you know a good equipment same price about
    Regards
    Jlh35

5. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    I think you should try sending a message to the Chinese supplier where you bought tell them what your wrote here see if they can send you a working transmitter or give you a full refund? If you can afford the DJI Spark is a million times better and getting cheaper now that DJI Mavic Air is available.

6. ryanolivas

ryanolivas Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Male
    Does the x183 global have an attachment for a gps tracking device on it?

7. Lauren Holloway

Lauren Holloway New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    adding another gps just in case? hmm good precautionary measures. what kind of gps tracking device you are about to attach to it?

8. jlh35

jlh35 New Member

Mar 11, 2018
    Male
    Hello,
    I did not see any.

9. ryanolivas

ryanolivas Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Male
    okay thanks. It'd be nice if it did

10. Leah Stumpf

Leah Stumpf New Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Is this drone great for beginner pilots?

11. ElaineSydaY

ElaineSydaY New Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Youre welcome, Linn. These are so awesome I had to share... I am amazed at what I see in some of them.

And thanks for the compliment on my new hat, too.