Welcome to the Drone Minds Forums

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by Jonathan, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hi Neville, nice to meet you. Are you racing?

2. neville

neville New Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Male
    No, not yet. I would like to build a drone that I can use for flying long distances 1 mile approx - non LOS, with the ability to point the camera any which direction for starters. Then get into racing after that gradually. Any pointers what I need to read/learn about to achieve my first goal?

3. Jim Sallis

Jim Sallis New Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Male
    Dear All,
    Have just joined community as I have a passion for drones and a particular interest in the way community driven portals such as this can be harnessed for the public good. Anybody out there who has an interest in modelling historic buildings and would be happy to share this???

4. KRISTEN

KRISTEN New Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Hello everyone, I was hoping for some insight from the Drone Community. My 19 yr old nephew just announced his plans to join the Air Force to become a Drone Pilot. I've tried to do research on the web but wasn't able to find much. Any help or advice to learn more would be greatly appreciated.

5. DroneVideos.com

DroneVideos.com New Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Drone Owner and Operator
    United States
    Hi everyone, my name is Scott and I'm the owner of the website, https://DroneVideos.com which is a nationwide media company specializing in drone videos and aerial photography. All of our Drone Pilots are FAA certified, have gone through background checks, and are insured.

Our Drone Video packages are a flat rate fee and include 10-20 Hi-Resolution Photos, 1-1.5 minutes of 4K video, are professionally edited and color corrected and presented on an SEO Friendly page that can easily be shared on websites, MLS, or social media with a click of a button.

Ordering is simple using our quick and easy automated scheduling system, and turn around time is only 48 hours.

We are also hiring Drone Operators! Drone Operators, please apply here: https://dronevideos.com/become-a-drone-operator/

6. ChristouVisuals

ChristouVisuals New Member

Jan 28, 2018
  7. Visual Captain

Visual Captain New Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Male
    Freelancer
    MIAMI, FL
    Hello All here from Miami, Florida

Looking forward to meeting everyone in this community.
    I shoot mostly cinematography video. with my P4P and Mavic Pro
    you can see my work here at: http://visualcaptain.com
    its a pleasure meeting you!
    Sookie

8. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Hey Scott, Chris and Sookie! :)

9. Berserk

Berserk New Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Male
    Hello, this is your captain speaking.

I am from Norway, Started flying for around one year ago when i purchased my Mavic pro.
    Have had a great time making short movies and taking pictures ever since!
    If you want to see my movies please check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BenzinH

I wish you all a safe flight!

10. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Hey Captain! :)

11. Leah Stumpf

Leah Stumpf New Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Hello there co-pilots!

A newbie here looking for tips before i get to own a drone!

Jonathan likes this.
  12. tamastorok

tamastorok New Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Male
    Hey everyone,

I'm Tamas, and I built my first racing drone a few months ago. It was a cool experience with lots of ups and downs, but I made it. :)
    Since then, I decided to help others build the same drone I did.

Ragnarok likes this.
  13. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hello Tamas, that sounds interesting. Have you a video made?

14. tamastorok

tamastorok New Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Male
    Not yet, working on it. :)

15. leluckK

leluckK New Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Male
    Hi everyone. New on this forum. I am french, I own several quadcopters, the highest one is the Mavic Pro. What I love is trying making beautiful videos, which is difficult where I live because of numerous restrictions!
    My last one
    I am interrested in the Anafi because I would like something as silent as possible with nice video quality

16. TheRealDazzler

TheRealDazzler New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Male
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. I currently fly a Phantom 3 Standard but am always looking for new toys! I live in Perth Australia and work for Soar, a blockchain platform for buying and selling drone images.

Dava likes this.
  17. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    What's a blockchain platform? How does that work for selling images is it like shutterstock or different?

18. TheRealDazzler

TheRealDazzler New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Male
    Great question "What is a blockchain platform?"
    A digital ledger in which transactions made in bitcoin or another cryptocurrency are recorded chronologically and publicly.
    Basically we've developed a platform for drone pilots to sell their images for digital currency. You might be aware that digital currency, cryptocurrency, can be exchanged for your currency or used for other goods and services globally.

The main difference between our platform and Shutterstock and similar sites, is;
    1. All drone images are georefrenced, making it easier to locate images from a map
    2. Pricing will be determined by geographic demand. If an area of the world has a high demand for drone images (such as after a hurricane/typhoon), the pricing will go up
    3. Our commissions (7%) are much lower than other sites

You can learn more about Soar here: www.soar.earth

Or, message me to learn about getting your content on Soar