Help Please

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Intros' started by POMMYJOHN, Nov 10, 2017.

1. POMMYJOHN

POMMYJOHN New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Male
    I am very new to the world of drones. So new in fact that I have not been able to get my drone successfully off the ground yet.
    I have a Global Drone X183 WiFi version.
    The problem I have is that when I press automatic take off the drone starts to take off but the cone shaped prop cove shoots off followed by the prop lock catch and then the propeller. There is no means to tighten any part of the prop set. Can anyone suggest how I can solve this please.

Cheers

John

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    #2 Jonathan, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Sounds like a strange setup, do you know if you have the props on the right motors or not? Is there instructions or markings that tell you which prop goes where?
    Have you seen this guy’s video, at about 4:30 might help:

POMMYJOHN likes this.
  3. POMMYJOHN

POMMYJOHN New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Male
    Hi Jonathan
    I have it set up correctly. I have found that a plastic lockstich is broken and means that I can not fix or tighten the cone shaped prop cover.
    I have searched and searched but have not been able to get a spare. Pretty frustrating as I have never flown the drone because of this. I have attached a picture of the product which shows the part I need, I have also attached a photo of the broken part and prop cover.
    I'm sorry to ask your assistance for such a small problem but I really want to get this drone in the air.
    Thanks again.
    John

Attached Files:

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Did you see the video above? That guy doesn’t seem to bother with the cones. Is it only one propeller that comes flying off, the one with the broken plastic part?

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    You could try using these instead:
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/prop-adapter-to-suit-4-0mm-motor-shaft-collet.html?___store=en_us if the motor shaft is smooth with no thread, these adapters and collet grip the shaft when you tighten them.
    Or, if you want to be naughty, you could order a new drone from amazon, swap the broken part for a new part, then send it back and say one of the parts was faulty or missing and get a refund?
    Or, if the motors have threaded holes you might be able to fit your own threaded prop adapter and use nylock nuts to hold the propellers on?

6. POMMYJOHN

POMMYJOHN New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Male
    Hi Jonathan
    Thanks for sharing the video.
    He had it flying before I had it out of the box.
    Yes he didn't bother with the prop covers so I assume they are just for looks.
    It's only the one that's broken.
    I will follow up on your suggestions
    Once again cheers
    John

Jonathan likes this.
  7. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    Ok, I hope you get it flying, it looks quite nice for the price really, apart from the finicky prop mounts of course :)

8. POMMYJOHN

POMMYJOHN New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Male
    Yeah I chose a doozie for my first ever drone experience.
    You have been great and I am really pleased to have joined your Forum, probably more so than you are to have me as a member.
    I will let you know how I go.
    Cheers
    John

Jonathan likes this.
  9. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    York
    The more members the better, I like that people are all different levels and all trying out different drones and ideas.

10. Dava

Dava Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Walrus polisher.
    Did you fix it yet?

11. ryanolivas

ryanolivas Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Male
    It seems like you are having a hard time to take off your drone sir but i am confident that you can make it perfect:)