Got an eBay DSLR gimbal. Anyone have photos of their setups?

Discussion in 'Drone Cameras and Camera Gimbals' started by photojunky, Oct 27, 2017.

1. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    Of course I ran into a couple of issues that I am addressing. I was wondering if anyone had photos or videos of their setups. I am not sure how I am going to mount it yet.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    We're gonna need a bigger boat! :D

3. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    That's funny because another person said exactly the same thing. I hope this will work, or else my wife will have to put up with another drone project. I think it should be okay. I attached a 5-pound weight and flew around for about 7 minutes with no issue whatsoever. I will keep my fingers crossed.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    It looks like the Maytech gimbal I had, did it come with a gimbal control board as well, alexmos or something? Have you tested it, wired it up?

5. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    Yes I did and it appeared to work fine. It has the AlexMos 8-bit controller which I may switch out once I figure this thing out.

6. photojunky

photojunky Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    A couple of you guys suggested the hexacopter may not be able to carry the payload. Well, you guys got me scared so I did a payload test and of course made a video. The heaviest camera I own, a Canon 70D plus the gimbal came out to a whopping seven and a half pounds. This is the weight I did the test with even though I don't plan on using that camera for video. I will probably just start with my gh2 and maybe graduate to a GH4 which weighs considerably less. Anyway, the hexacopter had no problem lifting this amount of weight, thankfully.