Update Required. UAV Grounded!

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Mystery.Shadow, May 7, 2016.

1. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    I'm all for having the latest version of firmware, but seriously DJI ?! Unless it's a critical update, why ground us for not having the latest?

I work on average 78 hours a week. Yes, you read that correctly, seventy eight. I don't get much time for recreational activities. Today was just perfect. Beautiful clear skies, no wind.

Went out to a remote location to fly. D'oh! Grounded.

Of course there's no Wi-Fi (or Cellular Data) for miles. Gee thanks DJI.

/Rant Over

2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    eh..that is annoying..thankfully you didn't just throw the drone in the air in the moment of rage...I haven't been tempted yet :) Also find it hard to find the time to fly. Got some extra batteries now for the Phantom 4 and I'm hoping to have a longer day out with it soon.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    That sounds odd. Mine says firmware upgrade required, but I just ignore it and it goes away after 5 seconds or so.

4. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Mine won't even allow me to take off! (Tried it again a few minutes ago -Just to be sure) I didn't read the release notes. Might be a regional thing.
    I just downloaded the update a few seconds ago. And the DJI Go App now allows me to fly. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

It's way too pretty out this afternoon, I might just "run a 10 minute errand" while at work today. :)

Don't think I would throw the Inspire. The controller perhaps.... When you lose an X-Box game, you throw the controller. Not the X-Box!

If only these dang batteries weren't so pricey! I was going to buy the Car Charger -Until I saw the price!!

Sara and Jonathan like this.
  5. Project41

Project41 New Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    Owner of project41 Ltd
    East Sussex
    Yep with you on that one with the firmware. It gets even worse if you dont upgrade the firmware in the right order.
    I have written a post regarding the upgrade on the inspire 1 to the latest firmware, its worth a read as it details the
    Correct proceedure and order to get it right. Its in this forum section. There still seems to be a lot of confusion over this
    Even when you read the dji release notes. Hope it helps