Phantom 3 Advance reached 15K feet distance

Discussion in 'DJI Drones' started by Kenny NYC, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Kenny NYC

Kenny NYC Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Hello guys,

After last weekend loss of my Standard. I'm back with the Advanced model. Did a test and everything looks good. I also did a distance test with WindSurfer mod on. I couldnt believe it took me to 15K feet distance, I could of gone further, cause I still have full bars. But the battery is 60ish %. Over all I am satisfied with it.. Maybe P4 next time :) Here is the video and is a loong one. Cheers~!

Sara likes this.
  2. Mystery.Shadow

Mystery.Shadow Active Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Hey Kenny, is this unmodified or did you install a range extender like you had on your old P3 ?

3. Kenny NYC

Kenny NYC Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    I tested 2 types. One with and other with out.

The stock took like 6000 feet distance. And modded with the Windsurfer took me to 15K+ plus feet distance.

lotusteve likes this.
  4. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    I had my Stock Inspire 1 and Controller out to 6,667 feet with all green bars.

But at this distance, the UAV is nothing more than a tiny speck in the sky. Difficult to see even with binoculars! I chickened out and turned back....
    You're a braver man than I !

5. Kenny NYC

Kenny NYC Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Yah, you cant really see at all, once it passed the 1000 feet mark(my eye vision). You solely rely on the smart phone.

6. Mystery.Shadow

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Sssssshhhh! Don't let the FAA know that.
    It's okay, I won't tell. ;)

Kenny NYC likes this.