Hows this for customer service

Discussion in 'Yuneec Drones' started by Vmaxcec, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    I dropped my Q500 from about 4 feet last week.. camera was a bit bent... leaning to the left and wouldn't rotate fully down... I sent it back to Yuneec for repair... I rang them today to see what was happening... after a short wait on hold, John from Yuneec Uk came back on the phone to tell me it wasn't economical to repair the camera as it would have to be taken apart and the gimbal motors would have to be tested one by one as they couldn't determine from initial examination... and it still might not work.... Obviously, I was thinking.."Oh no" theres nearly £400... but no, wait... they are going to replace it with a brand new camera..... FOR FREE....
    What other company, not just in this business, but any, would offer that, seeing it was my fault and not a warranty problem... absolutely unbelievable...
    A friend of mine has had his back to Yuneec 3 times, he cant stop crashing it lol, and only once have they charged him because he really did a good job of crashing it and needed a whole new body and other bits..
    Not only a great Quad but amazing customer service.
    I just had to let people know. it could be a help them decide if unsure about various quads...

Jonathan likes this.
  2. Sara

Sara Drone Minds Presenter/Pilot

Sep 9, 2015
    Female
    York, UK
    good to hear a positive story like that. When @Jonathan crashed his Yunnec it took a few phonecalls to sort it out, but they did send a new one and I'm about to go and test it, let me know when yours arrive :)

3. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    I got it back on Tuesday... havnt had a chance to use it yet tho... maybe this weekend,,

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    Just to clarify, the drone crashed on its own, I didn't crash it! :)

5. Vmaxcec

Vmaxcec New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    Crowborough
    Yadda Yadda lol
    How did it crash on its own?

Jonathan likes this.
  6. Jonathan

Jonathan Drone Expert
    Crew

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Drone Aerial Photographer
    York
    It just had a yuneec moment, flew off randomly to one side and hit a wall. They couldn't find what caused it, but they did replace it.